Tuesday, April 17, 2012

13
Spring Birdseed Ornaments


Spring is finally here. The birds are singing and the warm weather is uplifting our spirits. What better gift for our beautiful singing birds than Homemade Birdseed Ornaments!!! Hang these ornaments in your yard and watch these feathery friends gather and perhaps they will surprise you with a tune or two in appreciation for the goodies you made for them.

Materials:
  1. Birdseed Mix
  2. Peanut Butter
  3. Wooden Spring Cutouts or other Templates
  4. Jute Twine
  5. Cardboard Box
  6. Black Flair
  7. Scissors
  8. Awl or hole punch


Instructions:
  • Cut out a cardboard piece to fit your shapes.
  • Trace your shape onto the cardboard using the wooden cut outs or templates.
  • Trace 2 circles on top of each shape to hang the ornaments.
  • With Awl punch holes. Cut a piece of Jute Twine, about 14". Thread each end of twine through openings to make the hanger.
  • Knot each Twine end toward the back of the ornament.
  • Spread Peanut Butter all over the front and back of the ornaments.
  • Sprinkle birdseed over the ornaments.
  • . This part is a bit sticky and messy...
  • Set your Ornaments in a dry spot to dry...
Your Spring Birdseed Ornaments are ready for your Feathery Friends to enjoy.


Happy Spring!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen.. Thanks. These were fun to make. It's want funny, but as I was making them, my senses would want me to lick my peanut buttered fingers, but them I remember I was handling birdseed... Have a nice weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!! I love that you made them out of cute shapes!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jill. I had fun making these ornies. However I was tempted to lick my fingers ever so often. Then I remember, I was handling birdseed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Next weekend we are making birdfeeders with my little girl scouts. I might adapt the plan and make these! Thanks for sharing with Fibers on Friday and WELCOME!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. I would love to see the birdfeeders you and your little girls will be making. Thanks for your welcoming!!!

      Delete
  5. Love these birdfeeders! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Please join us again next week! Thanks! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sisters.. I enjoyed making them. I made enough for my yard and I also brought some to a local Park.... I felt awesome to be able to share my ornies with as many feathery friends as I could...

      Delete
  6. Love this idea! You have a supper cute blog! I'm now following. Thanks for sharing this great idea with us at The Sunday Round Up.
    Rose
    @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose... Thanks for following.I will visit you soon. Happy Crafting!!!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for linking up this fabulous project!!!
    This week’s Linky Party is up!!!! http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_28.html
    I hope you will stop by an link up another lovely project..
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire. Thanks.. These birdseed ornies were fun to make. I'm happy my birdies liked them. Happy Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are cool. Bet the birds love these. This is a great project for the little ones. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks. I had fun making these ornies
    I made a few extras and hanged a few at a local park.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover